Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cheers to the Moms!


Moms...they're something special, aren't they? I never really thought they were anything special until I was about 18. Okay, I was a little slow at processing that information.

I thought it was a normal "ought" placed on every woman's life to drive me to volleyball every day...to drive my awkward boyfriend and I to the movies in 7th grade...to cook dinner for me nightly...to wash the dishes every time I decided I wanted a snack...to run to the grocery store just because I was craving Pizza Rolls...to sacrifice her weekends for my silly plans...to offer up her home so I could slumber party with my girls...to miss out on hours of sleep so I could stay up into the wee hours of the morning giggling over boys with those slumber party girls...to sacrifice her own new clothes so I could wear the newest and coolest thing...to knowingly allow me to fail and burn the cookies so I could learn...all while gardening, sweeping, helping with homework, doing laundry, mopping, being a wife, etc.

Moms are beautiful; heros, even. They create. They bring forth life. Moms are made in the very image of God Himself.

May we celebrate our moms today. May we make her feel special. Tell her you love her, buy her a flower, take her to dinner, wash the dishes for her. Yay for moms! I don't know how you do it all, but we, as sons and daughters, collectively say thank you. Without you, well, life wouldn't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment