Friday, April 15, 2011

The Good Life

From death comes life.
From winter comes spring.
From poopy fertilizer comes roses that may make you marvel.

I become more and more convinced of Jesus' words when he said, "if your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself.  But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me."

It doesn't make any sense to me.  But I know it's true.  The good life is the life given away. The good life is the sacrificed life.

The beauty, the abundance, the hope, and the richness we long for in our heart of hearts comes from death to self, death to my own agenda, and death to my selfishness.  

From ashes comes beauty.  From dirt comes beauty.  From death comes life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, girl. Needed this refresher :)
    you are so so loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Needed that refresher :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete