Saturday, May 21, 2011

En route...

Tonight the boardwalk sits empty.  

The shops haven't opened, the ferris wheel has been stalled for 8 months, the games sit quiet, and Curly's French Fries' smell has waned to a minimum.

But tonight, I will arrive in Wildwood.
After 6 months of planning and praying, I will finally arrive in Wildwood.  I'll sleep at 121 E. Maple St. for the first time in 5 years.

It seems a bit surreal.  I'm currently en route and I can almost already smell that distinct ocean smell once you cross from the mainland into Wildwood.

If you are the praying kind, would you pray?
Pray for my summer.  I am nervous.
Pray for our summer.  We want to love.  and love well.

 ... In just a few days the rest of our staff team will arrive -- we eagerly await them!
 ... In just a few more days, 50 students (from across the country) will make their summer home with us in Wildwood, New Jersey.
 ... And in just several more days, the Wildwood boardwalk will open, and hundreds of thousands of people will fill the town with life.

We believe not one person will enter this town by mistake. 

May souls encounter the divine this summer.

And may Wildwood make its way into peoples' hearts as a remembrance for things witnessed and encountered.

1 comment: