Sunday, May 8, 2011

I cried over bumblebees?

Earlier this afternoon I found myself snuggled up on my couch with all the doors and windows open (following a day spent on the Maumee River and a date with Mr. Freeze).  It was the first enjoyable summer breeze I've experienced all year.

I sat on my couch simply dazing out the window.  It may have been the first time in months where I had just gotten to sit -- with no agenda, no thing to check off, and no place to be.

Two bumblebees were making their way into the flowers of the tree and I couldn't help but be engrossed by watching them.  By watching their next move.  And, then, all of the sudden, several unexpected tears began to roll down my cheek.  Not being much of a crier, I began to ask myself, "what the heck is wrong with me?  Why the crap am I crying about two bumblebees?"

But I began to realize, I wasn't crying over some stinkin' bumblebees, but I was overwhelmed by the amount of life that was bursting forth outside.  The purple flowering tree, the tulips, the dogwoods, the mini purple crocus, the daffodils, etc.  I was remembering just a mere few weeks ago the deadness that weighed like a plague.  The trees were bare, the sky was gray, it was cold, and there was not even a hint of a flower.

But, today, there was life.  Life bursting everywhere you looked.

The dead has been brought to life.  The empty, barren branches are now filled with greenery -- with leaves and colorful flowers!  The empty, barren soil is now bearing life -- daffodils, lilacs, tulips!  It's really a beautiful thing.

There is hope for the dead to be made alive.

And, generously, that sweet purple flowering tree of life gave forth life to those sweet bumblebee lovebirds.

The story of death to life we see outside our window points to something greater.

May dead, barren trees be made alive and bear fruit as they were meant to do.
May dead, barren souls be made alive and bear fruit as they were meant to do.

May trees full of life give forth life as they were meant to do.
May souls full of life give forth life as they were meant to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment